NOW SEEKING A TEAM LEADER
The RHD Missouri St. Louis office is currently seeking like-minded, values-driven individuals for a Team Leader position in our Residential Program. A Team Leader is responsible for coordinating comprehensive services for individuals with intellectual disabilities in a shared living environment. The Team Leader works closely with Companions and Direct Support Professionals, and communicates with Case Managers, guardians and families to ensure that each individual supported is living the best life that they want to live.
TEAM LEADER JOB DUTIES
- Actively participate in the Individual Support Plan process, including but not limited to:
- Schedule and coordinate medical appointments for individuals being supported and attend appointments if necessary. Communicate with nurses and doctors about individuals’ medical needs.
- Regularly visits with individuals in their homes, ensuring that each individual's rights are respected and protected, and Individual Support Plan objectives are being implemented and individuals’ needs and goals are being met.
- Maintain positive communication and relationships with family members, guardians, staff, and Regional Office personnel about policies, issues, and/or concerns.
- Prepare and submit all applicable reports and documentation related to individuals supported by RHD in a timely manor.
- Provide supervision and leadership to Companions and Direct Support Professionals.
- Participate in hiring and training of key personnel, including coordinating ongoing training needed to assist staff in fulfilling responsibilities.
- Develop staff schedules and ensure appropriate staff coverage is maintained within each individual home.
- To be available and responsive to Companions and Direct Support Staff in emergency and crisis situations, including on-call duties.Weekend on-call is rotated between Team Leaders, amounting to approximately one on-call weekend per month per Team Lead.
- Minimum of one year’s experience providing support to individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Bachelors Degree in a Human Services field, including but not limited to: Sociology, Special Education, Rehabilitation, Nursing, Counseling, and Psychology. Candidates with work experience rather than education/degree will be considered.
IN ORDER TO PROVIDE QUALITY SERVICE TO OUR INDIVIDUALS, AN IDEAL TEAM LEADER CANDIDATE WILL BE:
- A responsible, punctual, professional, and reliable leader.
- Positive, open-minded, flexible, and patient in order to effectively solve problems and negotiate conflicts as needed.
- Person-centered, supportive, and able to communicate effectively.
- Knowledgeable of the St. Louis and St. Charles community as well as local IDD resources.
- Compassionate and understanding, with experience and working knowledge of person centered planning.
- Able to represent themselves and RHD Missouri in a professional manner with client families, guardians, coworkers, other provider organizations, and the community.
Resources for Human Development – Missouri
WHO WE ARE
Resources for Human Development is a national human services non-profit founded in 1970, specializing in creating innovative, quality services that support people of all abilities and challenges wherever the need exists. We support more than 160 programs across 14 states, serving tens of thousands of people of all abilities every year. RHD maintains a corporate office in Philadelphia, which provides fiscal supervision, management oversight, support and encouragement, and technical assistance to its programs. RHD prides itself on its history of innovation, not only in the services we offer but also in our management approach rooted in RHD’s Values. RHD is committed to the fundamental value of dignity and respect for all human beings, to the empowerment of our consumers and staff, and to the flexibility to meet the changing needs of all our partners and those we serve.
RHD’s mission is to provide caring, effective, and innovative services that empower people of all abilities as they work to achieve the highest level of independence possible and build better lives for themselves, their families and their communities.
WHAT WE DO LOCALLY
Resources for Human Development has been delivering trauma-informed, person-centered services to people with intellectual disabilities in Missouri since 2008. RHD Missouri’s Residential Program meets people’s needs in a way that treats people with respect and dignity and places a premium on their quality of life. We provide residential services as well as arts based day programs in St. Louis County, Saint Charles, and Kansas City.
WORK WITH US
At RHD Missouri, you can build a career you’re proud of. With RHD you’re a partner. We work together to help people to build successful lives - both client and caregiver. RHD Missouri’s day and residential programs strive to give individuals the opportunity and ability to create their own services and to be able to offer a support that fits their needs and preferences. We believe that RHD demonstrates its commitment to employees by listening and responding to employee concerns and inviting an ongoing dialogue to improve culture. Together We Are Better, Together We Are RHD.
BENEFITS & PERKS OF WORKING AS AN RHD TEAM LEADER
- All Full-Time employees receive the same benefits – new employees earn the same vacation and benefits as their director or the most senior employee.
Health Insurance Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT!
- PAID TRAINING!
- A fulfilling career helping people to reach their goals and gain their independence with your leadership, care, and support.
If you are interested in having a meaningful and rewarding job as Team Leader at RHD Missouri, please fill out the application fully by clicking the link below.
Resources for Human Development, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran, or disability status.