NOW SEEKING PRN Direct Support Professionals
As a Direct Support Professional for an adult with disabilities, it’s more than just a job, it’s a rewarding job built on a friendship and a caring relationship between two people – one person with special needs, the other providing care and support. As a PRN DSP for RHD Missouri’s Residential Program, you will help someone reach their goals and make a meaningful positive impact on their life. As a caregiver, you will build a close relationship that is mutually beneficial to both you and the client.
Direct Support Professionals are people who work directly with people with physical disabilities and/or intellectual disabilities with the aim of assisting the individual to become integrated into his/her community or the least restrictive environment.
PRN DSP JOB DUTIES
- Provide companionship/friendship/mentorship to the person supported as a positive role model.
- Provide support and assistance to the person with daily needs including but not limited to:
- Complete documentation in compliance with deadlines and policies.
- Schedule and attend doctors appointments with the person supported and provide support in reporting any health concerns or changes to physicians and to RHD Missouri.
- Honor choices and preferences as identified in the person’s Individual Support Plan.
- Implement treatment protocols according to the person’s Behavior Support Plan as necessary.
No experience required and paid training provided!
IN ORDER TO PROVIDE QUALITY SERVICE TO OUR INDIVIDUALS, AN IDEAL PRN DSP CANDIDATE WILL BE:
- Responsible, punctual, professional, and reliable.
- Positive, open-minded, flexible, and patient.
- Person-centered, supportive, and able to gently and positively divert individuals from problematic behaviors without being dictatorial.
- Able to provide individualized attention based on the needs of the person supported.
- Able to represent themselves and RHD Missouri in a professional manner with client families, guardians, coworkers, and the community.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Reliable vehicle with current car insurance.
- Background check with no felony convictions; some misdemeanor offenses may disqualify.
- Experience supporting individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities (preferred but not required).
- Candidates must successfully complete paid trainings and stay up to date on annual certification renewals (CPR, MANDT, medication administration, etc.).
Resources for Human Development – Missouri
WHO WE ARE
Resources for Human Development is a national human services non-profit founded in 1970, specializing in creating innovative, quality services that support people of all abilities and challenges wherever the need exists. We support more than 160 programs across 14 states, serving tens of thousands of people of all abilities every year. RHD maintains a corporate office in Philadelphia, which provides fiscal supervision, management oversight, support and encouragement, and technical assistance to its programs. RHD prides itself on its history of innovation, not only in the services we offer but also in our management approach rooted in RHD’s Values. RHD is committed to the fundamental value of dignity and respect for all human beings, to the empowerment of our consumers and staff, and to the flexibility to meet the changing needs of all our partners and those we serve.
RHD’s mission is to provide caring, effective, and innovative services that empower people of all abilities as they work to achieve the highest level of independence possible and build better lives for themselves, their families and their communities.
WHAT WE DO LOCALLY
Resources for Human Development has been delivering trauma-informed, person-centered services to people with intellectual disabilities in Missouri since 2008. RHD Missouri’s Residential Program meets people’s needs in a way that treats people with respect and dignity and places a premium on their quality of life. We provide residential services as well as arts based day programs in St. Louis County, Saint Charles, and Kansas City.
WORK WITH US
At RHD Missouri, you can build a career you’re proud of. With RHD you’re a partner. We work together to help people to build successful lives - both client and caregiver. RHD Missouri’s day and residential programs strive to give individuals the opportunity and ability to create their own services and to be able to offer a support that fits their needs and preferences. We believe that RHD demonstrates its commitment to employees by listening and responding to employee concerns and inviting an ongoing dialogue to improve culture. Together We Are Better, Together We Are RHD.
If you are interested in having a meaningful and rewarding job at RHD, please fill out the application fully by clicking the link.
Resources for Human Development, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.