RHD is Open and Hiring during the COVID 19 Pandemic. Please apply today.
The PA IDD-Philadelphia-based program GENESIS is seeking to hire a LPN/Medical Coordinator to work in conjunction with the program Unit Director/RN and site supervisors to assist in the coordination of the healthcare services for the program consumers.
Competitive salary provided and a comprehensive benefits package is offered.
- Responsibilities will include scheduling initial and follow up appointments, completing appointment consult paperwork, attending appointments as needed or educating staff on reason for visit, and clarifying orders as written by healthcare provider as necessary.
- Track and notify Unit Director/RN of consumer refusal of appointments or any other challenges.
- Coordinate with hospital staff within 24 hours of a consumers’ admission a team meeting with hospital case management to ensure information regarding the consumer is shared with all relevant providers. Maintain regular contact (in person and by phone) during hospitalization and coordinate and attend discharge planning meetings as indicated.
- Ensure that all healthcare releases and consent forms are accurately completed and current to ensure the continuity of care for consumers.
- Complete rountine health site visits to help mointor the Genesis's individuals overall health, safety and wellbeing.
- Complete nursing notes on each individual upon routine bi-monthly or monthly contact, or as necessary.
- Maintain Lifetime Medical History for all consumers, and update annually and as needed for program consumers.
- Maintain system to ensure that all consumers are in compliance with annual healthcare appointments- coordinate with staff to ensure that all annual appointments and documentation is completed as required. Notify Unit Director/RN of any compliance concerns with required healthcare appointments.
- Participate in Genesis's on-call respondsibilities to address any medical issues.
- Participate with the EIM reporting system with medical incidents.
- Receive and review medication administration records monthly for completion and accuracy.
- Review consumer medical books on a quarterly basis to ensure that proper healthcare documentation is in accordance with DPW Regulations. Notify Unit Director/RN of compliance concerns.
- In conjunction with the Unit Director/RN, assist in the development, training, implementation and follow up for medical protocols to best support program consumers.
- Act as a medication administration trainer, and ensure that all program staff are current in their annual training and practicum.
- Partner with the program Unit Director/RN, and members of the consumers team to ensure that efforts are made to have documented information on file for Durable Health Power of Attorney/ Advanced Directives as appropriate.
- Participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary team and in case conferences to provide information pertaining to the healthcare of program consumers.
- Recent experience working in the behavioral or IDD system.
- Experience and knowledge of DPW-IDD licensing requirements preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and computer experience required.
- Must be in possession of a current and valid LPN certification from an accredited school to receive consideration.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Current CPR/FA required.
- Ability to support and implement RHD and PA IDD values and beliefs.
- Acceptable criminal record per Agency requirements.
Genesis is a licensed Community Rehabilitation Residential Program that specialize in medical supports. Here at Genesis we provide community-based living arrangements for people with developmental disabilities, with a focus on delivering specialized supports around the individuals’ physical health care needs. Residents are encouraged to function as independently as possible by making decisions and choices regarding activities of daily living and community-integrated activities. Genesis supports individuals with Autism or Intellectual Disabilities with acute medical condition. The participants we currently serve demonstrate moderate to severe functional impairments that impedes the necessary self-care skill-sets for independent living.
Genesis currently support individuals in the Greater Northeast Section of Philadelphia and surrounding areas. Genesis’s residential properties consist of lovely ranch style homes to gorgeous two-bedroom apartment’s accessible to regional and public transportation. We operate our services 7days a week/24 hours a day.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.