Resources for Human Development Allies program is open and hiring for a Full-Time Peer Specialist in the Pittsburgh area.
The Peer Specialist will collaborate with consumers, team members, family members, significant others, and collateral resources to promote socialization experiences, creative rehabilitative skills training opportunities, maximizing empowerment experiences and to structure social and recreational activities, and to promote recovery through the Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP).
Advantages of Working for RHD
- Full Benefits Package
- Generous PTO Plan
- Free Virtual Fitness Classes
- Scholarship and Tuition Programs
- Employee Assistant Program
- Student loan forgiveness program
- Cell phone discounts
- Delivers peer support services: such as education, advocacy, and foster engagement in the treatment process.
- Supporting person-centered interventions as identified in service plans for each individual served.
- To participate fully as a team member in staffing and other meetings.
- Maintain one's own physical, mental, and emotional well-being so that the CPS can function appropriately in the job and can model healthy functioning to those we serve.
- Complete required documentation of services in a timely manner according to agency policy
- At least 2 years working with others in Mental Health Recovery
- Experience with a mental health diagnosis and has developed successful coping mechanisms and could serve as a mentor for others.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License
- Peer Specialist Certification
- Maintain 18 credit hours of additional training each year.
RHD Allies is a Forensic Certified Peer Specialist program. We are a community mental health program whose goal is to support the Recovery needs of individuals who are involved with the criminal justice system. RHD Allies provides innovative and effective re-entry services to people post-adjudication.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.