Summary of Position
The Site Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the creation of a safe and healthy environment that fosters communication and is conducive to the provision of supports for adults supported by Mainstay. This job carries with it the obligation to respect the dignity and recognize the potential for growth of every individual who receives or provides services and supports, and to advocate for the rights of people we support. The Site Supervisor is responsible for the overall supervision of direct care staff, daily operations of the site(s) and ensuring the health and safety of the individuals receiving supports. A commitment to the RHD values should be demonstrated as job duties are performed. Essential Duties and Functions
- Provide supervision to direct care staff that is one to one, direct, frequent, face to face, ongoing and appropriately documented.
- Participate in hiring, site orientation, assign duties and follow progressive discipline of direct care staff.
- Model, instruct and assist staff in supporting consumers in daily life skill development such as cooking/food preparation, shopping, academics, socialization, utilizing community resources, vocational, social and interpersonal development, etc.
- Create an environment that empowers individuals through the development of skills and coordination of resources and supportive services
- Formally evaluate the work performance of direct care staff after 90 days and annually thereafter. Review performance, areas for professional growth and development, successes and opportunities for further trainings as necessary. Also include an opportunity to receive feedback from supervisees regarding their needs
- Provide ongoing assessment and feedback of direct care work quality and documentation efforts, and provide feedback and skills training as needed.
- Review and submit staff schedules and electronic timesheets to the Assistant Director of Residential weekly and provide site coverage as needed by managing time off requests, call-outs, and no-shows.
- Cover direct care shifts, as needed to ensure compliance with staffing ratios.
- Facilitate and document monthly, at a minimum, house meetings
- Complete and review all necessary documentation, and/or supervise the completion of the documentation including: MARS, vehicle logs, medication logs, progress notes, sleep logs, menu plans, telephone logs, client inventories, incident reports, serious concerns, medical/dental forms, individual bank records, fire drills, property forms, individual monthly reports, 90 day psychiatric reviews, etc., and communicate issues and/or problems
- Ensure the communication and accurate implementation of staff approach notes and other clinical documentation to direct care staff.
- Maintain a visible presence in the site(s) to model interactions, and positively influence the culture of a sexually healthy home
- Conduct regular unannounced visits of the sites and report on results of visits
- Conduct regular audits of home maintenance, repairs and communicate needs in a timely manner.
- Model team approach by remaining consistent with plan and intervention and thoroughly documenting the plan efficacy
- Model and provide guidance to consumers with regards to rights, independence and interpersonal skills
- Provide input into all consumer plans and ensure the implementation and proper tracking of such plans, including Individual Support Plan, Behavior Support Plan, Clinical Treatment Plan and all other plan goals as applicable
- Coordinate client appointments and activities (i.e. arranging transport and/or assist clients to and from appointments, coordinate funds needed, etc.)
- Support consumers through the registration process as applicable
- Coordinate the purchase of food, house supplies, and consumer goods and clothing
- Ensure that the home/site is operated in accordance with the Mainstay policies and procedures, RHD's corporate values, 6400 regulations and all applicable laws
- Manage, monitor and reconcile site program related expenditures and consumer personal funds with Fadmin
- Communicate with co-workers, support coordination, and family to ensure continuity of care
- Attend and actively participate in all team meetings and training programs
- Assist in the planning, writing and presenting of consumer case conferences and restrictive procedure plans
- Actively participate in the planning, writing and presenting of consumer case conferences and restrictive procedure plan review meetings
- Ensure the proper reconciliation of purchases according to RHD Credit Card guidelines and consumer fund management guidelines
- Maintain site vehicle and ensure it remains in proper repair according to RHD guidelines
- Manage appropriate usage of the ARI/RHD gas card
- Administer client medication as prescribed
- Actively participate in supervision and professional development provided from Assistant Director of Residential Services
- Represent the Mainstay program in a professional manner and model leadership and boundaries with staff and consumers at all times
- Maintain on call status as part of the management team and provide emergency consultation in crisis situations
Resources for Human Development, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran or disability status.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.