RHD/NOVA III is hiring!!
We are looking for dynamic individuals to work with our clients as Direct Support Professionals!!
Sign On Bonus Offered!!
- Maintains respectful and trauma-informed interactions with all residents, staff, family members and visitors at all times
- Drives residents in program vehicle to appointments and/or recreational activities at the direction of program director, program manager or on-duty nurse
- Accompanies residents to appointments and/or recreational activities on public transportation at the direction of program director, program manager or on-duty nurse
- Completes shift documentation fully and accurately
- Assists with cooking and serving meals for individual residents and groups of residents
- Using a trauma-informed and recovery-oriented approach, teams with other staff to de-escalate and re-direct residents as needed
- Assists residents with activities of daily living such as laundry, housekeeping, and personal hygiene
- Proactively engages individual residents and groups of residents in activities such as playing games, watching movies, arts & crafts, cooking, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality, including keeping voice low and not talking about residents in public areas
- Maintains professional boundaries at all times
- Attends all required staff meetings and training sessions
- Abides by all policies and procedures of unit
- Assures that facility is maintained in a safe and clean state during shift
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Ability to push adult residents in wheelchairs for extended periods on various terrain
- Ability to stay awake throughout entire shift
- Ability to circulate through program space throughout entire shift, including walking up and down stairs between first, second and third levels multiple times per shift
- Ability to understand and maintain professional boundaries
- Ability to understand and function within a trauma-informed and recovery-oriented environment
Some experience (work, volunteer, internship) in human services
NOVA III is a reidential tretment program serving adults suffering with an active addiction in addition to signficant medical issues and a mental health diagnosis
Resources for Human Development, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran or disability status.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.