Responsible for training and assisting individuals served in various aspects of activities of daily living, while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures. This position is also responsible for the health, safety
and emotional support of the individuals being served.
Essential Duties and Functions
1. Develops and maintains activities centered around the client’s ISP (individual support plans) outcomes
2. Orients staff and new clients to the client rights, rules, and regulations
3. Works closely with the other Management staff to assess and report on individual client’s knowledge, values, skills, and needs in the areas of Personal Management, activities of daily living, Fitness, ISP Outcomes and Recreational activities
4. Works closely with other management to develop meaningful activities for clients based on the previous assessments
5. In the area of Personal Care Management, provides direct instruction and/or reinforcement to clients and trains staff on the following:
Body care skills
Shopping for personal needs
Understanding of how personal management skills relate to the world of works
6. Provides direct instruction and/or reinforcement to clients on the following:
Food preparation skills
Clothing care skills
Understanding of how their accomplished skills relate to the world of work
Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
Basic knowledge of nutrition, housekeeping, meal preparation, personal hygiene and first aid.
Skill in working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
Ability to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner.
Ability to teach individuals with developmental disabilities.
Ability to read documents and written instructions.
Ability to write and maintain accurate records.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to stoop, kneel, and lift to complete assigned tasks.
Ability to use telephone.
Ability to maintain a patient and positive attitude.
Ability to drive a motor vehicle. Must have VALID drivers license.
Basic computer knowledge.
Education & Experience:
At least one year related experience preferred but not required. We train compassionate, dedicated, and caring people.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Full-Time (Sun -Thurs and Tues - Sat w/ flexible scheduling)
Part-Time (weekends & weekdays)
PRN (5 shifts per month requirement, not eligible for Sign-On Bonus)
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
$0 to Low Cost Health Benefits (Medical, Vision, Dental)
PTO (Paid Time Off)
8 Company Paid Holidays
Paid Trainings (e.g. CPR, CPI, First Aid)
Employee Assistance Program
Company Annual Events
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic
information, veteran, or disability status.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.