Direct Support Professional
Resources for Human Development's (RHD) Coordinated Homeless Outreach Center (CHOC) provides emergency shelter and meals for single homeless individuals in Montgomery County, provides outreach to individuals and families experiencing homelessness, and provides case management services to those residing in the shelter. We are currently accepting applications for a Direct Support Professional in one of our homeless shelters.
- Transport residents to scheduled appointments
- Monitor shower and laundry areas. Encourage and assist with these tasks as needed.
- Prepare dining area for meals and clean dining area when meals are completed.
- Engage residents in recovery oriented conversation
- Assist and encourage clients with job and apartment searches
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times
- Complete electronic logs and incident reports as needed.
- Maintain shift safety and mediate resident conflicts
- Maintain common and shared staff areas in a neat and organized fashion.
- Communicate with co-workers and shift supervisors regarding any problems or critical areas that need special attention or monitoring.
- Complete new resident intakes as necessary
- Utilize crisis intervention and de-escalation skills as necessary
- Oversee medication distribution when requested
Experience with individuals experiencing homelessness, behavioral health and/or substance abuse challenges a plus.
Some college preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED with experiences in homeless services and or behavioral health settings a plus.
- Valid Driver's License with Clean Driving record.
Resources for Human Development, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran or disability status.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.