The Bilingual Intensive Case Manager (ICM) is responsible for direct services provided in the collaboration with consumers, significant others, and collateral resources. The ICM will assist adults with a diagnosis of a serious and persistent mental illness, meeting the medical criteria for the services, to gain access to needed resources such as financial, housing, medical, social, vocational, educational, leisure and mental health services. The ICM will be the primary support relationship in the service delivery system for the consumer and will monitor both the consumer’s functioning and the delivery of services to the consumer in order to maintain the consumer’s stability in the community. Insuring quality of life as a means of reducing stressors and thereby reducing the exacerbation of illness and hospital recidivism are the primary goals of the collaborative relationship between the consumer and ICM. It is expected that 75% of the ICM’s time will be spent in actual contacts with the consumer, performing components necessary to the service as well as interfacing with others on the consumer’s behalf. Paperwork requirements and staff meetings should require the remaining 25% of the ICM’s time.
Essential Functions of the Position:
Education/Training: A Bachelor’s degree in a Human Service field with two (2) years community-based experience serving adults with severe and persistent mental illness.
Skills: The Bilingual Intensive Case Manager must be fluent in both English and Spanish; must be knowledgeable, flexible, have proficient literacy in both languages; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; knowledge of the principles and practices of the human services field as related to adult behavioral health; demonstrate an ability to work with multi-cultural population and acquire designated, mandatory training in CPR, First Aid, Driving/Safety techniques and have a valid driver’s license. This individual must be organized, goal oriented and able to follow through with numerous responsibilities while insuring accuracy in work product outcomes.
The Intensive Case Manager must have the ability and experience to make independent decisions regarding the most efficient process to complete required work, and be available to perform on-call responsibilities within appropriate timelines for response.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.