The Intensive Case Manager (ICM) is responsible for direct services provided in the collaboration with consumers, significant others, and collateral resources. The ICM will assist adults with a diagnosis of a serious and persistent mental illness, meeting the medical criteria for the services, to gain access to needed resources such as financial, housing, medical, social, vocational, educational, leisure and mental health services. The ICM will be the primary support relationship in the service delivery system for the consumer and will monitor both the consumer’s functioning and the delivery of services to the consumer in order to maintain the consumer’s stability in the community. Insuring quality of life as a means of reducing stressors and thereby reducing the exacerbation of illness and hospital recidivism are the primary goals of the collaborative relationship between the consumer and ICM. It is expected that 75% of the ICM’s time will be spent in actual contacts with the consumer, performing components necessary to the service as well as interfacing with others on the consumer’s behalf. Paperwork requirements and staff meetings should require the remaining 25% of the ICM’s time. This is an hourly paid position with on-call stipends and a $500 sign-on bonus after 90 days!
The Intensive Case Manager must be knowledgeable, flexible, have proficient literacy; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; knowledge of the principles and practices of the human services field as related to adult behavioral health; demonstrate an ability to work with multi-cultural population and acquire designated, mandatory training in CPR, First Aid, Driving/Safety techniques and have a valid driver’s license. This individual must be organized, goal oriented and able to follow through with numerous responsibilities while insuring accuracy in work product outcomes.
The Intensive Case Manager must have the ability and experience to make independent decisions regarding the most efficient process to complete required work, and be available to perform on-call responsibilities within appropriate timelines for response.
RHD is a different kind of company – no divisive walls, no cubicles, no private offices. Our experience has shown that in a relaxed atmosphere where employees have the chance to deal openly and directly with each other, the work environment is significantly better, communications are clear, and attitudes remain positive. We emphasize group decision-making and decentralization, so that staff has maximum authority, creativity, freedom and support to help meet the needs of the people we serve, without cumbersome centralized bureaucracy. We believe that RHD demonstrates its commitment to employees by listening and responding to employee concerns. Eligible employees of RHD are provided a wide range of benefits. Eligibility depends on a variety of factors including salary level and job status. In addition, RHD provides a wide range of employee resources that include a credit union, employee assistance and internal education and leadership development programs. Recently RHD announced a unique partnership with Capella University that includes discounts on tuition and scholarship assistance.
Lehigh Valley ACT's recovery-focused, multidisciplinary, assertive community treatment programs provide intensive, individual support for people in Lehigh and Northampton counties who are working to overcome the barriers to recovery from mental illness. Assertive Community Treatment Teams provide: Psychiatric assessment, medication education and monitoring, treatment for co-occuring disorders, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, psychosocial services and education (including Wellness Management and Recovery, SAMSHA evidence-based IMR) and intervention help strengthen the individual’s networks. Blended Case Management Services affords the collaborative coordination of services and resources supportive of recovery and growth. Individuals work with case managers to increase personal and financial independence, overcome barriers compromising access to treatment, build and expand capabilities in roles and relationships within the community and, acquire skills to support self-determination and self-management of the symptoms or challenges related to their illness. HUD funding allows LVACT to respond to the residential needs of participants who have been diagnosed with a serious, persistent mental illnesses and have histories of homelessness.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.