Under the authority and direction of the Team Leader, the Employment Specialist on the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Team assures that all operational procedures and regulations are followed. This team member is responsible for direct services provided in the collaboration with consumers, significant others, and collateral resources and includes assessment and specialized intervention related to the attainment of employment. This team member will assist adults with a diagnosis of a serious and persistent mental illness to gain access to needed resources such as financial, housing, medical, social, vocational, educational, leisure and mental health services. This team member will be, when designated, the primary for individuals served by the team and collaborate with the individual and team members to address the service delivery system for the individual and will monitor both the individual’s functioning and the delivery of services to the individual in order to maintain the individual’s stability in the community. Insuring quality of life as a means of reducing stressors and thereby reducing the exacerbation of illness and hospital recidivism are the primary goals of the collaborative relationship between the individual and team members. It is expected that 70% of this team member’s time will be spent in actual contacts with the consumer or others on the consumer’s behalf. Paperwork requirements and staff meetings should require the remaining 30% of time.
1. Support and promote the mission statement and values of Resources for Human Development and Lehigh Valley Assertive Community Treatment Team
2. Assume the responsibility for accurately documenting the provision of services
3. Ensure pertinent information and resources are conveyed to the Team Leader and team members
4. Support development of relationships with employers in the community
5. Cooperate with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices
6. Adhere to specific procedures
7. Attend scheduled meetings/trainings
8. Maintain one's own physicial, mental, and emotional well-being so that the Employment Specialist can function appropriately in the job, build mutually beneficial relationship with employers and model healthy functioning to job seekers
9. Specific duties include but not limited to:
Represent LVACT with employers in the Lehigh Valley to identify employment opportunities for job seekers.
Act as liaison for interested job seekers and employers.
Complete and maintain job analysis material for positions identified.
Utilize job carving techniques to assist employers in creating positions that will capitalize on job seekers’ strengths while enhancing business function.
Participate in the identification of appropriate job matches and possible support/training needs on the job.
Recovery-focused, multidisciplinary, assertive community treatment programs provide intensive, individual support for people in Lehigh and Northampton counties who are working to overcome the barriers to recovery from mental illness. Assertive Community Treatment Teams provide: Psychiatric assessment, medication education and monitoring, treatment for co-occuring disorders, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, psychosocial services and education (including Wellness Management and Recovery, SAMSHA evidence-based IMR) and intervention help strengthen the individual’s networks. Blended Case Management Services affords the collaborative coordination of services and resources supportive of recovery and growth. Individuals work with case managers to increase personal and financial independence, overcome barriers compromising access to treatment, build and expand capabilities in roles and relationships within the community and, acquire skills to support self-determination and self-management of the symptoms or challenges related to their illness. HUD funding allows LVACT to respond to the residential needs of participants who have been diagnosed with a serious, persistent mental illnesses and have histories of homelessness.
Resources for Human Development, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran or disability status.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.