The function of the Licensed Professional Nurse (LPN) is to participate as a full team member and ensure medical needs, physical health issues, and medication issues are integrated into treatment. The LPN attends psychiatry appointments and ensures all needed follow-up is completed.
Implement, maintain, and coordinate the medical treatment for ACT consumers.
• Perform medical functions regarding basic health, medical assessment and education.
• Complete initial and annual Health Assessments.
• Obtain physician's orders for prescription(s) for consumers and get them filled:
• Ensure medication order sheets are signed by the staff MD.
• Record injection medication on the mediation administration record.
• Inform team members of any needs consumers have for medication or laboratory work.
• Provide locked security for medications and set aside a private designated area for set up of medications.
• Administer medications and provide injections to consumers as directed by doctor
• Check consumer medication trays and fill them as needed
• Provide services at times and locations convenient to consumers.
The ACT mobile treatment support team will provide treatment and support services to one hundred (100) persons per year. The persons served by the team will be individuals with mental illness and/or substance abuse issues and their families.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.