THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE LEHIGH VALLEY AREA, APPROXIMATELY 70 MILES NORTH OF PHILADELPHIA, PA. WE ARE HIRING DURING COVID, FULL-TIME, PART-TIME AND ON-CALL POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Under the authority of the Program Director, the Residential Counselor assures that all operating policies, procedures and regulations (PA Title Reg 5310) are followed. Residential Counselor will work as a team with all employees of Hope Springs to provide services to adults with serious and persistent mental illness. Residential Counselor is responsible for direct services with consumers, significant others and collateral resources in providing assistance, counseling, planning and implementation of daily living skills programs and routines for all consumers. Residential Counselor is responsible for working in accordance with the values and policies of RHD, as well as, the state regulatory guidelines.
- To spend 90% of scheduled time in direct, face-to-face interactions with residents during hours when consumers are awake.
- To assess continuously the safety of the residents, considering issues such as suicidal/homicidal ideations, impulsivity, health related issues, choking risks, universal precautions, etc., and for implementation of proper crisis intervention when needed. To maintain a safe environment, to identify and report maintenance problems, and to maintain the site in accordance with acceptable community standards for cleanliness and in accordance with all safety standards of the program. Residential Counselors need to perform clean-up and maintenance duties as assigned.
- To provide assistance, counseling, planning and implementation of daily living tasks (personal hygiene, meal preparation, home care, attending activities and appointments, educational and/or vocational development) in a supportive and encouraging manner. To help consumers perform and to teach ADL-skills, and offer skills training in other relevant areas. To assist consumers in developing healthy sleep patterns and ensure proper and nutritious meals are provided, as well as healthy beverages and snacks.
- To provide assistance, counseling, planning and implementation of daily living tasks (personal hygiene, meal preparation, home care, attending activities and appointments, educational and/or vocational development) in a supportive and encouraging manner.
- Mental health experience preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Valid PA Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- He/she must have the ability and experience to make independent decisions when consultation with the Lead Staff, Assistant Director or Program Director is not possible.
The Hope Springs program promotes consumer independence and personal growth by providing permanent residences in a supportive environment for individuals living with serious and persistent mental illness. Hope Springs has an uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity to help our consumers live happy and fulfilling lives.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.