Family Practice & Counseling Network is seeking a passionate and dedicated Family Nurse Practitioner to join our Network fof Health Centers . The Nurse Practitioner will provide a wide spectrum of primary care services to patients of all ages ranging from
from infants to elderly. Care includes but is not limited to; medical assessment, diagnosis, treatment, referral and follow-up.
***NHSC Loan Repayment Program Approved Site
Team members are expected uphold the health center mission by assuring that patients receive health care that is competent, caring, and meets with a high degree of satisfaction. In addition, staff must support FPCN's commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed
system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers, and staff.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Provides a wide spectrum of primary care services to patients of all ages, from infants to elderly. Care includes, but is not limited to, medical assessment, diagnosis, treatment, referral and follow-up.
- Proficient in the management of acute and chronic conditions, both simple and complex.
- Practice is based on accepted evidence based criteria and established clinical practice guidelines.
- Consultation with collaborating physician and other members of the healthcare team when indicated.
- Work and function in a culturally competent capacity with persons from a variety of ethnic and social backgrounds.
- Possession of exemplary interpersonal and communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Practice and behaviors reflect fiscal responsibility in appropriate balance with quality patient care.
- Defined productivity standards are proactively worked towards and established goals met.
- Demonstration of good time management skills and follow through.
- Responsible behavior in regards to attendance, punctuality, and schedule coverage.
- Attendance and participation in meetings, mandatory in-services, educational programs, and other activities in order to stay informed and current.
- Maintenance of required amount of continuing education credits as defined by specific governing bodies associated with the position (managed care organizations, national certification organizations)
- Knowledgeable and supportive of policies, procedures, and guidelines associated with practice setting.
- Five years prior experience as an RN & / or Nurse Practitioner.
- Master’s degree. Graduate from an accredited nurse practitioner program.
- Current RN and CRNP licenses from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Current nationally recognized advanced practice certification or in progress.
- Physical and emotional ability to perform the duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills.
- Understanding of psychosocial impacts of health outcomes in underserved communities
- Exhibits cultural competency and sensitivity
- Exhibit behaviors that align with RHD/FPCN’s organizational values, mission, and beliefs and avoid displaying behaviors that are in opposition to those values
- Support FPCN's commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contactwith the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers,
- Demonstrate cultural competence/proficiency in interactions with others by treating co-workers, colleagues and those receiving service with respect and fairness at all times.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and professional relationships based on respect, trust, and safety.
- Ability to create a space for staff and those we serve to feel physically and emotionally safe.
- Ability to support individuals on their paths to recovery and healing and resist re-traumatization of staff and patients.
- Demonstrate exemplary problem-solving, communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Highly responsible and reliable as well as courteous
- Unconditional ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Exemplary organizational skills and ability to prioritize
Family Practice and Counseling Network, a program of Resources for Human Development, is a network of community health centers providing comprehensive primary care, dental and behavioral health services. The Network consists of four health centers
in Philadelphia – Abbottsford-Falls Family Practice & Counseling in the Northwest, the Stephen and Sandra Sheller 11th Street Family Health Services of Drexel University in the North, the Health Annex in the Southwest, and Annex West Health Center in West
Philly housed in Action Wellness building (formerly Action AIDS); a convenient care clinic in Philadelphia – Fast Family Care. Today the Network serves more than 20,000 patients annually and is an NCQA certified Patient-Centered Medical Home.
The Network’s mission is to provide person-centered, integrated and comprehensive health services to individuals and families across their lifespan. The Network promotes resiliency and well-being among patients, staff and surrounding communities.
Network services are targeted to the surrounding communities and the advisory committee that guides services primarily consists of people from the communities served.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetic information, and veteran or disability status.