Family Practice & Counseling is seeking General Dentist to join our network of health centers.The Dentist will be responsible for upholding the mission and beliefs of the organization by diagnosing and treating all dental patients according to acceptable
Team members are expected uphold the health center mission by assuring that patients receive health care that is competent, caring, and meets with a high degree of satisfaction. In addition, staff must support FPCN's commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed
system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers, and staff.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Diagnose and treat patients in accordance with accepted treatment standards which includes:
- Examining patients' teeth and mouth
- Analyzing x-rays and evaluates dental needs.
- Treating teeth and tissue problems using equipment and tools, such as drills or mouth mirrors.
- Maintain an acceptable level of visit productivity as per HRSA standards of 16 average visits per 8 hour day.
- Provide instructions on dental care as well as administer medication and prescriptions for patients.
- Maintain, complete, and sign all electronic patient records and check for accurate charting and progress notes.
- Provide instruction to support to all support dental staff.
- Devote time every year to continuing education, conferences and reading in dental public health.
- Maintain current CPR certification.
- Maintain required level of CDE hours for State licensure
- Comply with all CDC and OSHA standards
- Pennsylvania state licensed dentist with a degree from an ADA approved dental school.
- Have graduated from an ADA approved Dental School.
- Hold current Dental license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Have Federal DEA Certificate
- Have HEP B vaccination
- Be a team player with an excellent attitude-extremely patient friendly
- Have an interest in and commitment to public health dentistry.
- Show ongoing involvement in community outreach and education.
- Exhibit behaviors that align with RHD/FPCN’s organizational values, mission, and beliefs and avoid displaying behaviors that are in opposition to those values
- Support FPCN's commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers,
- Demonstrate cultural competence/proficiency in interactions with others by treating co-workers, colleagues and those receiving service with respect and fairness at all times.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and professional relationships based on respect, trust, and safety.
- Ability to create a space for staff and those we serve to feel physically and emotionally safe.
- Ability to support individuals on their paths to recovery and healing and resist re-traumatization of staff and patients.
- Demonstrate exemplary problem-solving, communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Highly responsible and reliable as well as courteous
- Unconditional ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Exemplary organizational skills and ability to prioritize
Family Practice and Counseling Network, a program of Resources for Human Development, is a network of community health centers providing comprehensive primary care, dental and behavioral health services. The Network consists of four health centers in
Philadelphia – Abbottsford-Falls Family Practice & Counseling in the Northwest, the Stephen and Sandra Sheller 11th Street Family Health Services of Drexel University in the North, the Health Annex in the Southwest, and Annex West Health Center in West Philly
housed in Action Wellness building (formerly Action AIDS); a convenient care clinic in Philadelphia-Fast Family Care. Today the Network serves more than 20,000 patients annually and is an NCQA certified Patient-Centered Medical Home.
The Network’s mission is to provide person-centered, integrated and comprehensive health services to individuals and families across their lifespan. The Network promotes resiliency and well-being among patients, staff and surrounding communities. Network
services are targeted to the surrounding communities and the advisory committee that guides services primarily consists of people from the communities served.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetic information, and veteran or disability status.