Family Practice & Counseling Network is seeking an Dental Assistant with front desk experience for our Network of Health Centers. The Dental Assistant prepares treatment rooms for patient by following prescribed procedures/protocols, welcomes, comforts
and provides information/education to patients. Because this is dual role when scheduled the DA will be also be responsible for the screening/triaging of patients to determine scheduling and check-in/checkout processing .
Team members are expected uphold the health center mission by assuring that patients receive health care that is competent, caring, and meets with a high degree of satisfaction. In addition, staff must support FPCN's commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed
system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers, and staff.
***New Graduates with X-ray certification are Strongly Encouraged to Apply
Dental Assistant Essential Duties and Functions
Rotation on following Duties:
- Prepares and maintains dental instruments, supplies (materials, cement, amalgam, composite, impression), and equipment.
- Collects and records patient health information thoroughly in Dentrix regarding all treatment plans and procedures completed.
- Manage patients and educate on all procedures during dental procedure/treatment.
- Seat patients in exam room as soon as possible after patients are checked in perform medical history update, blood pressure reading and x-rays as determined by the doctor
- Post daily schedules in operatory before the day begins.
- Turn all equipment on at beginning of each day, log on to Dentrix and bring up patient record. Turn off all equipment when day is done-including log off on all computers.
- Help to confirm the doctor’s schedule that you are assigned with, in conjunction with front desk staff, if schedule permits.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Print x-rays as needed as well as periodontal and full mouth charting from Dentrix for Endo, Crowns, Removable Prosthetics and scaling/root planning’s for insurance preauthorization and billing for treatment completed.
- Complete lab work on time (Models, trays, occlusal rims)
- Coordinate outgoing and incoming lab cases, assuring that lab slips and return dates are correct and calling labs for pickups.
- Turn all equipment on at beginning of each day, and off when day is done-including log off on all computers.
- Keep work areas neat and organized.
- Flush water lines daily and perform DUWL disinfection procedures weekly.
- Autoclave maintenance
- Static sterilizer maintenance
- Distilled Water maintenance
- Lab upkeep
- Main Trap in Compressor Room-monthly
- Replace plaster Trap -when full
- Perform and document spore test for autoclaves Perform and document spore test for autoclaves
- Check Oxygen and Nitrogen tanks weekly
Dental Patient Service Representative Essential Duties and Functions
- Open Dental office and perform all opening procedures.
- Greet and register new & existing patients
- Update demographic information
- Prepare route slips and schedules for the next day.
- Knowledge of dental insurance coverage/eligibility, verifying treatment plans and financial information.
- Submit process and notify patient regarding insurance pre-determinations approvals and denials.
- Investigate and fix denied claims.
- Collect co-pay and balances and ensure posting of patient payments.
- Balance daily balance sheet for petty cash drawer and ensure that drawer is locked and secure at the end of shift.
- Scan all paper forms into Dentrix.
- Notify clinical staff of patient arrivals and schedule changes.
- Verify and confirm all appointments
- Call no show patients and reschedule appointments.
- Retrieve phone messages, record, and distribute to appropriate party.
- Answer phones and schedule appointments.
- Checks out patients as they leave practice (collects monies due, verify that postings are correct, schedules for any treatment to be done, checks recall and treatment plans) and schedule next visit.
- Answer insurance and account questions on balances/transactions.
- Check on lab case arrivals
- High school diploma
- X-ray certification required
- Must have current CPR certification and Hep B Vaccination
- Competent in digital x-ray and
- Prior working knowledge of Dental Electronic Medical Record System (s)
- Must comply with all OSHA and CDC requirements.
- A team player with excellent attitude and extremely patient friendly.
- Exhibit behaviors that align with RHD/FPCN’s organizational values, mission, and beliefs and avoid displaying behaviors that are in opposition to those values
- Support FPCN's commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers,
- Demonstrate cultural competence/proficiency in interactions with others by treating co-workers, colleagues and those receiving service with respect and fairness at all times.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and professional relationships based on respect, trust, and safety.
- Ability to create a space for staff and those we serve to feel physically and emotionally safe.
- Ability to support individuals on their paths to recovery and healing and resist re-traumatization of staff and patients.
- Demonstrate exemplary problem-solving, communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Highly responsible and reliable as well as courteous
- Unconditional ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Exemplary organizational skills and ability to prioritize
Family Practice and Counseling Network, a program of Resources for Human Development, is a network of community health centers providing comprehensive primary care, dental and behavioral health services. The Network consists of four health centers
in Philadelphia – Abbottsford-Falls Family Practice & Counseling in the Northwest, the Stephen and Sandra Sheller 11th Street Family Health Services of Drexel University in the North, the Health Annex in the Southwest, and Annex West Health Center in West
Philly housed in Action Wellness building (formerly Action AIDS); a convenient care clinic in Philadelphia – Fast Family Care. Today the Network serves more than 20,000 patients annually and is an NCQA certified Patient-Centered Medical Home.
The Network’s mission is to provide person-centered, integrated and comprehensive health services to individuals and families across their lifespan. The Network promotes resiliency and well-being among patients, staff and surrounding communities.
Network services are targeted to the surrounding communities and the advisory committee that guides services primarily consists of people from the communities served.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetic information, and veteran or disability status.