1. Serves as primary contact for financial assistance from both clients and community partners;
2. Ascertain the housing financial needs and available resources of persons seeking aid and work with them to determine what is available to them;
3. Coordinates gathering of documentation to determine eligibility, landlord negotiations, contracts, and payment structures;
4. Coordinate funding available to assist clients on a variety of needs to promote
long-term housing stability;
5. Generate resources in the area of housing, including: researching available affordable and
supportive housing options; developing relationships with landlords, brokers and housing
6. Identify and collaborate with potential local housing stakeholders and community partners;
7. Triage and assess all information and referral inquiries to determine eligibility and to assure effective sustainability plan and appropriate financial support;
8. Representing the organization at community meetings regarding housing issues for homeless
populations; assisting with educating the community on the funding program as it relates to client
access to stable and affordable housing;
accessing housing programs;
9. Track all requests for financial assistance including outcome and amount disbursed;
10. Submit all paperwork and budget sheets on a monthly basis to funder
11. Complete payment requests and data submission of all financial assistance provided;
12. Providing community-based mobile supportive services to clients on case load. Examples of supportive services include monitoring of housing stability and goal achievement;
13. Perform all work in a culturally responsive manner consistent with RHD Crossroads Community Services’ mission and philosophy.
14. Other duties as assigned.
At least 2 years’ experience and demonstrated competence with housing and homelessness issues
A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a Human Service field, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Finance management experience a plus.
1.Demonstrated competence with public speaking, facilitation, collaboration, and timely implementation of tasks.
2. Strong, proven ability to: mediate differences of philosophy and opinion; maintain calm, efficient, and good-humored approach to work while managing competing priorities in a fast-paced, highly productive work environment; work independently and as a team member; think critically and with foresight; carry out assignments with limited direction; adapt to change; and be nimble and flexible.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
5. Must possess valid drivers license and have own vehicle with valid vehicle insurance. (Mileage reimbursement available).
The Flexible Housing Fund Coordinator will coordinate and oversee the implementation of the Flexible Housing Fund Program. The purpose of the Flexible Housing Fund Program is to support individuals/families who have a mental health diagnosis or substance abuse diagnosis in obtaining or sustaining their housing through one-time financial support and minimal case management. This includes: landlord, community, and housing stakeholder outreach and collaboration, coordination of direct financial assistance for clients, agreements with landlords/vendors, and setting up financial payments. The Flexible Housing Fund Coordinator will have coordination duties with some direct service and collaboration with community providers to discuss programming and process. Coordinator will also carry a small caseload of clients providing direct case management services.