PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION
Resources for Human Development (RHD) is currently seeking Behavioral Specialist Consultants (BSC) to join our Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services division in Philadelphia County.
Job Summary: Provision of behavior planning, clinical supervision and direction of COSP clinical cases. Development of treatment plan, goals and methods of intervention for the client and recommendations made in conjunction with family and team members. Supervision of TSS staff and weekly site visits to the school and home to monitor behavior plan, consult with family members and clinical team (inter- and intra-agency) to implement ongoing behavioral interventions. Conduct quarterly (minimum) team meetings. Complete and submit all documentation required for insurance approvals in a timely manner.
1. Child Abuse Clearance (all must be updated at hire and every 3 years)
2. PA State Criminal Clearance
3. FBI Clearance
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.
1. Behavioral Consultation
Conduct initial teammeeting with all relevant team members. Assess behavioral needs of client in conjunction with family andteam. Develop individualized behavioralplan for client according to COSP guidelines.
Conduct weekly sitevisits to develop/practice interventions, monitor progress of plan.
Provide ongoingconsultation with family and team on clinical issues, monitor
coordination ofservices for client/family.
Provide clinical andadministrative supervision to TSS assigned to case on a weekly basis.
Participate in annualand all periodic evaluations for TSS assigned to
Attend clinicalindividual supervision once a month and group supervision once a month.
Attend intra-agencystaff meetings as directed by supervisors.
Attend all trainingsas required by State and Managed Care guidelines and other
relevant continuingeducation as directed by supervisors.
Completion of the CBHmandatory in-services, within three (3) months of hire and annually from the date of the initialtraining.
Completion of a minimumof ten (10) hours of documented additional
in-service trainings per year,eight (8) hours of which should be specific to behavioral analysis/modification.
Complete all progressnotes for every encounter with client and submit every Monday by 10am. Deadlinemay change due to holidays and exceptions will only be approved by thesupervisor and program director.
Maintain all clientinformation/documentation in client chart.
Create, complete, andmonitor compilation of documents to be sent to funding agency for approval (MA97, Plan of Care, Treatment Plans, Evaluation) in a timely manner and check foraccuracy and completion
4. Clinical/Mobile Therapy
Provide emergencyclinical services for caseload as necessary.Provision of mobile, individual/family therapyas directed by supervisor
1. A Psychologist with current Pennsylvania licensure.
2. If not licensed, must possess a Master’s Degree from an accredited university in aclinical mental health discipline such as: Psychology, Counseling, ClinicalSocial Work, Psychiatric Nursing, and/or Marriage and Family therapy. For a degree to count as a mental healthdegree, the degree must contain at least twelve (12) credit hours in corebehavioral health coursework. Degree must include clinical coursework in thefoundations of behavioral health and the provision of mental health services(e.g., individual, group and family therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy,psychodynamic therapy, crisis counseling, abnormal psychology, psychopathology,assessment, child development, personality theory, psychotherapy lab, clinicalpracticum). No more than three (3) of these twelve (12) credit hours can bederived from a supervised clinical mental health practicum experience(teaching/education/non-clinical practicum experiences will not count). If coursework is part of a medical degree,there must be clear evidence that the course was directly related to thediagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders rather than medicalconditions.
3. A minimum of eight (8) hours of training in behavioranalysis/modification, prior to hire.
4. Two(2) years verified post-Master’s experience providing mental health treatmentto children, and at least one (1) year experience using behavioranalysis/modification techniques.
Two (2) years verified post-Master’s experience providing mental health treatment to children, and at least one (1) year experience using behavior analysis/modification techniques