Oversees and directs property management activities related to the organization’s diverse residential and commercial portfolio. Supervises and directs activities of property management staff. The position is responsible for the overall successful operations of properties in partnership with the divisions and works to ensure department operations meet or surpass regulatory standards.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual property budget, with the assistance of a Financial Analyst and the Chief Legal Officer and reviewed by the CFO.
- Analyzes monthly/quarterly performance and budget projection and compares to annual management plan and budget; adjusts strategies accordingly.
- Develops and implements the department’s organizational strategies, goals and methodology establishing standardized policies, procedures and best practices applicable corporate-wide.
- Ensure compliance with municipal, state and federal codes and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Maintains constructive and collaborative relationships with members of the divisions, including key stakeholders from each program and RHD Shared Services.
- Represents the department’s strategies and goals to program managers and other department managers in a variety of corporate wide standing meetings where appropriate.
- Works with Business Development on fundraising and grant work to develop and meet capital financial goals
- Responsible for creating dept. training content in Cornerstone.
- Supervision and Staff Development
- Responsible for the strategic direction of the team
- Assists department staff in identifying and reaching development goals through training and workshops
- Participates in recruitment interview, selection, and evaluation process for departmental staff.
- Directly supervises and provides leadership for the department’s following positions:
- Property Managers
- Assistant Property Manager
- Leasing Coordinator II
- Property Acquisitions Manager
- Oversees major decisions and assures that team members implement their objectives and work plans.
- Makes annual salary recommendations based on performance ratings for all department staff.
- Reporting, Community Involvements and Professional Development
- Prepares and presents departmental reports relating to project performance, goals, standards, benchmarks, KPI’s, etc.
- Attends industry association meetings, trainings, etc.
- Maintains appropriate CEU’s to ensure Real Estate license requirements are met.
- Sits on various committees pertinent to department and organization goals and standards.
- Stays abreast of property management and other real estate industry standards, legislation impacting department and industry practices, policies and procedures.
- Maintains good working relationships with community partners.
- Maintains contacts with internal and external stakeholders:
- External contacts occur with regulatory agencies, vendors, and community partners.
- Internal contacts occur at all levels and areas of the organization, including consumers/tenants.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in property management and real estate.Sales and Marketing experienceSystems Implementation
- Minimum of Associates Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of property management and tenant/landlord practices, laws, rules and regulations.
- Good command of commercial management and leasing practices.
- Possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills, as well as proficient computer skills.
- Critical Thinking, Negotiation and Decision-Making ability
Resources for Human Development is a national human services nonprofit with the broadest possible service mission, and specializes in creating innovative, quality services that support people of all abilities wherever the need exists. Founded in 1970, RHD supports more than 160 human service programs across the country, serving tens of thousands of people every year with caring and effective programs addressing intellectual and developmental disabilities, behavioral health, homelessness, addiction recovery and more.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.