The National Procurement Director is responsible for developing a strategic approach to procurement for the purchase of goods and services. In this leadership role, the successful candidate will direct the procurement of goods and services for RHD, assist direct reports and the RHD Community withthe procurement processes, and develop, implement and maintain procurement policies, procedures and related activities that will add value and efficiency to RHD while maintaining our Values.
The Procurement Director will direct and support all aspects of procurement including purchasing, vendor management, contract management, and sourcing equipment, goods, and services. This individual is also responsible for analyzing corporate purchasing patterns to identify areas where leveraging relationships with vendors will allow us to achieve cost savings, operational efficiencies, or improve timely delivery of goods or services.
- Promote and support a working environment consistent with the values-based culture of RHD
- Provide values-based supervision, support, and guidance to direct reports and identify and create professional development opportunities for direct reports; promote effective teamwork across organizational divisions and departments.
- Develop, lead, and execute a procurement business plan and purchasing system, inclusive of related training and purchasing strategies that establish standard operating procedures for purchasing, monitors their effectiveness, and revisits the procedures for updating as necessary.
- Review purchasing patterns across RHD and collaborate with leadership to identify areas where procurement can be leveraged to achieve cost savings initiatives and/or operational efficiencies.
- Develop and support negotiation strategies to ensure business transactions can be closed with optimal terms.
- Conduct vendor research and maintain database of approved vendors, including minority vendors
- Oversee the reporting of Minority Vendor Activity to funders and other stakeholders in collaboration with VP Culture, Diversity and Inclusion
- Provide weekly status reporting on procurement initiatives and projects through KPI reporting in dashboard format
- Other Duties as assigned
- At least 7 years of experience in corporate purchasing/procurement.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, or related field
- Ability to build strategic working relationships, to facilitate agreement with internal partners and external partners
- Experience with sourcing and procurement and building a vendor program.
- Exceptional negotiation skills developed through significant experience in contract negotiation.
- Ability to collaborate to validate contracts and negotiate favorable terms
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation and teamwork skills to influence and partner
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Work without direction and determine own methods to accomplish work and forecast needs in advance
Resources for Human Development is a national human services nonprofit with the broadest possible service mission, and specializes in creating innovative, quality services that support people of all abilities wherever the need exists. Founded in 1970,
RHD supports more than 160 human service programs across the country, serving tens of thousands of people every year with caring and effective programs addressing intellectual and developmental disabilities, behavioral health, homelessness, addiction recovery and more.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.