Learning and Development Intern
RHD is pleased to announce that we are recruiting for our Fall 2018 internships. We are seeking local college undergraduates or recent graduates who are eager to gain knowledge in their chosen field of study and, at the same time, acquire practical, resume-enhancing
Our fall internship starts at the beginning of September and will run for 12 weeks.
Each intern is expected to participate in weekly Lunch & Learn sessions on Mondays and are paid $12/hour.
Overall Description of L&D Department:
The overall mission of the Learning and Development (L&D) Department at RHD is to develop and support a culture of continuous learning and development for our staff and systems that is grounded in our
corporate values. L&D is divided into three areas: Organizational Development, Training and Education, and Wellbeing. We offer access to values-based processes and learning opportunities that enhance, support and develop the internal capacity, organizational
effectiveness and wellness of RHD systems, teams, programs and staff nationally.
The Learning and Development Intern will work on a team of multidisciplinary professionals and
provide assistance and support in the design and production of virtual learning sessions and video micro-learnings. The intern will partner with Training and Education team members in the design of a virtual learning process that will improve the overall access,
quality and effectiveness of employee learning and growth opportunities via virtual mediums.
A description of the full range of duties that could be assigned to the student
A list of any special skills, education or experience that are required or recommended for this position
- Review existing L&D internal processes to design and deliver virtual instructor led information sessions and trainings using WebEx and video micro-learning;
- Design and produce virtual and e-learning courses including the following components:
- Create project plans in collaboration with internal business partners
- Develop storyboards and scripts for virtual and e-learning courses and video micro-learnings
- Incorporate adult learning principles as well as leverage the interactivity and functionality of the virtual Live platform(WebEx)
- Support virtual instructors in the design and delivery of learning sessions
- Serve as a WebEx producer of virtual instructor led learning sessions (information sessions, trainings, cohort virtual learning communities)
Preferred but Not Required
- Experience as a learner with virtual training platforms: (Ex: WebEx, GoToMeeting, GoToTraining or other similar virtual platforms)
- Technology-proficiency with MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher;
- Project Management Skills
- Comfort with and interest in technology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Previous experience designing and/or delivering training (classroom or virtual)
- Graphic design skills
- Video production and editing skills
Resources for Human Development (RHD) is a comprehensive, nonprofit, human services organization with headquarters in Philadelphia, PA. Founded in 1970, RHD currently supports and oversees more than 160 programs in 14 states, (working quietly behind the scenes
of many well-known programs.) Our mission is to empower people as they build the highest level of independence possible, building better lives for themselves, their families and their communities.
At RHD there are no divisive walls, no cubicles and no private offices. Our experience has shown that in a relaxed, casual atmosphere where employees have the chance to deal openly and directly with each other, the work environment is significantly better,
communications are clearer, and attitudes remain positive.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic
information, veteran, or disability status.