***RHD IS OPEN AND HIRING DURING THE COVID 19 PANDEMIC!***
Apply today to receive consideration.
NOTE - to only those who qualify: To receive the "enchanced rate of $15.45, applicant must one of the following:
- NADD Competency Based Clinical Certification.
- NADD Competency Dual Diagnosis Certification.
- NADD Competency Based Direct Support Professional Certification.
- Registered Behavioral Technician
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Board Certified Assistant Behavioral Analyst
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology or Education or Special Education or Counseling or Social Work or Gerontology.
Those applicants not meeting the above requirements for Enhanced Rate of $15.45, while be compensated at the lower rate of pay.
The Direct Service Professional (DSP) is responsible for ensuring the health, safety and ongoing supervision of Consumers receiving residential and/or day service supports in community homes.
The DSP is responsible for assisting consumers in the fulfillment of their ISP outcomes and supporting the health, safety and the personal growth of the Consumer. A commitment to the RHD values should be demonstrated as job duties are performed.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Read and assist in the implementation and development and of the ISP.
- Provide residential supports to consumers according to the assessment and ISP.
- Assist consumers in the completion of their outcomes and residential goals.
- Implement supports developed from plans written by the therapists.
- Remain familiar with diagnoses of consumers within the home.
- Assist consumers with the development of a healthy and respectful culture.
- Assist the consumer to effectively engage in therapeutic/healthy relationships.
- Enter and submit work-time in Lawson on a regular basis and before deadline
- Communicate with staff at shift change about the status of the consumers and in a timely matter.
- Check and communicate via RHD email as directed.
- Supervise/assist in menu planning and meal preparation.
- Complete household cleaning tasks as assigned by Site Supervisor.
- Assist/supervise the consumers when they are completing home maintenance tasks.
- Transport consumers to all appointments, activities and community events.
- Provide access to recreational and leisure activities in the home and community as well as encourage participation in activities.
- Write thorough and effective communication, progress reports and complete data sheets.
- Administer medications to consumers as prescribed (after completing approved training).
- Provide medical emergency procedures as needed.
- Identify and report any residential environmental deficiencies ASAP to the Site Supervisor.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and drive safely in all environments.
- Respect consumer’s culture and life choices.
- Perform crisis intervention techniques when necessary.
- Assist/support resident in maintaining good hygiene (i.e. tooth brushing and hair care).
- Identify and report incidents to Program Manager immediately; write and submit incident report the same day that the incident is identified.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all regulatory guidelines (i.e. Pa Chapter 6400 regulations).
- Attend all mandatory site staff meetings.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age
2. Have a High School Diploma or equivalent. Applicant with an Associate's Degree, or Bachelor's Degree, in a Social Service field of study, is a plus.
3. Completed all required training developed by the Bureau of Autism Services
4. 24 hrs of human services training each year
5. Successful completion of CPR & First Aid training required
6. Subject to criminal background check as required by the Bureau of Autism and 6400 regulations
7. Subject to FBI check as required by BAS and 6400 regulations
8. Successful completion of bi-annual physical with TB test
9. Must have a valid Driver's License.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran or disability status.
Adesha Village is a program of RHD that provides residential, CPS and behavior support services to adults in Chester and Montgomery counties living with intellectual disabilities.